Let’s Step Into 2021, Shall We?
Happy New Year and welcome to 2021!
It has been an age, hasn’t it? Well, that’s a bit of an exaggeration but after attempting to blog every day for a month and crashing after 20-odd days, it feels like it has been ages. First of all, let me apologise for that. The last few days have been pretty hectic and I, unfortunately, didn’t plan well enough to finish what I started, which really has me disappointed in myself, but also gives me the amazing opportunity to try again!
I’ve always been a sucker for “new beginnings”. For me it’s not “just another day”, but an opportunity to start again and get things right. New Years, new months, new weeks, birthdays; I love them all! Anyway, as we start the new year, I want to talk about things I’m looking forward to in 2021, hoping that this will keep me excited, focused, and accountable.
- Travelling more – Yes, the Corona Virus is still waging war on humankind, and we didn’t really get the opportunity to go anywhere, but I really don’t want to be in one place this entire year. I mean, I love Lagos (I’m coming to think that might also be a severe case of Stockholm syndrome).
- Being kinder – It really costs nothing, and considering how cruel life can be, I think it’s the least we can do for each other. Saying a kind word and making kind gestures is really not a big deal!
- Creating a ridiculous amount of content – I tend to overthink any and everything, and while that makes me feel “extra prepared”, and allows me to talk about “strategy” but it really just stifles me and means I’m learning less because I am not making enough mistakes.
- Make more money – I have a long list of planned expenditures, and I imagine the money must come from somewhere, and for some reason, I am extremely excited to figure that out.
- Building a really vibrant Happy Noisemaker community – You guys are awesome, and what we have started together is a lot of fun and excitement! I can guarantee you that there will be so much fun content for you to consume, and lots of gifts to win (at least once a month)!
As you can see, I really have myself excited about this year, and why not? 2020 took a lot from so many people, I think we would all be doing ourselves a bit of a disservice if we relinquished our capacity to hope, and dream! Please try and see this new beginning as just that, and make bold, beautiful plans!
To round this up, I have two questions,
- What are you looking forward to this year?
- What would you like to see on Happy Noisemaker in 2020?